WHAT ARE THE SEXUAL BEHAVIOURS OF A HOMOSEXUAL ?
- The behavior of a homosexual individual is same as a heterosexual except for the obvious variations due to anatomical differences.
- They also exhibit similar social interactions, tender feelings and level of function as those of heterosexual. In fact most of their problems also run parallel to that of a heterosexual. But at the same time there are some differences.
- The physical intercourse includes oral genital contact and mutual masturbation. The anal intercourse is practiced less often.
- Usually there is a passive partner and an active partner. But often they change there roles.
- Often passive agent adopts feminine mannerism, dressing and roles.
- The relationships between homosexual men do not usually last as compared to that between men-women or women-women relationships.
- As with heterosexual, promiscuity is seen among homosexuals.
- Often they lead a stable life and are able to derive social and sexual satisfaction.
- Physical intercourse between homosexual women includes caressing, breast stimulation, oral-genital contact and mutual masturbation. Often artificial gadgets are also used.
- As with homosexual men, homosexual women also adopt active and passive roles. Some homosexual women behave and dress like men.
- As stated above, female homosexual relationships are more stable than their male counter parts.
- Tender feelings, intimacy and mutual responsiveness are more common in homosexual women and often it is the main source of satisfaction.
Psychological Problems with homosexuality
The interpersonal problems of a homosexuals are comparable to that of heterosexuals but at the same time homosexuality is associated with special psychological problems due to its less understood social and legal status. They are:-
- Guilt and low self esteem : Some times homosexual are puzzled by their sexual orientation often due to adverse social and cultural environment. This causes enormous guilt and distress to the concerned individual and hence they are more prone to depression and suicide.
- Often the individual remains confused about there sexual orientation. Some sexually inexperienced young men who fear relationship with women conclude that they are homosexuals but in fact they are not one and can be counseled.
- Similarly some individuals recognize that they have predominately homosexual fantasies and tendencies but for the social compulsions they remain confused about their sexual orientation.
- There is more chances for a homosexual to go for alcohol, smoking and other drugs.
- Some homosexuals may not be able to derive sexual satisfaction which leads to frustration and interpersonal problems.
- Because of the promiscuity and drug use among homosexuals, such individuals are more prone to HIV infection, AIDS and hepatitis.
- Lack of family and children leaves the homosexuals with a sense of incompleteness and insecurity.