SYMPTOMS OF SEXUAL PROBLEM
- The individuals with this problem are not able to attain or maintain erection of penis until the completion of sexual activity.
- Most of the time they fail to penetrate the vagina.
- Others may loose tumescence immediately after the penetration.
- The problem may appear at any time of one’s sexual life.
- At times the problem is situational. That is, the person is not able achieve erection with a specific partner (say regular partner or wife) but is able to have sustained erection while masturbation or with some other partner.
Premature ejaculation (PME)
- Once in while any one can have early ejaculation and that doesn’t mean he is suffering from PME. It is considered to be a disorder (or one should seek help) only when the problem is enduring and occur most of the, if not all, sexual interactions.
- The person usually ejaculates quickly with little fore play.
- Others may be able to penetrate but ejaculate in a short while after penetration.
- Interestingly, one can have severe distressing form of premature ejaculation with one partner and at the same time, he can have satisfactory sexual relations with another partner.
- There is remarkable and excessive concern about the loss of semen through any process like nocturnal emission, through masturbation or sexual intercourse.
- Individual with this problem may also complain of Dhat (seminal discharge) or discharge of semen before, during or after urination or even while straining for defecation.
- Patients may who have physical symptoms like headache, body ache, constipation, etc.
- There is decrease in or absence of sexual fantasies or desire for sexual activity.
- Women may complain dryness of vagina.
- This may be situational when one has decreased sexual desire when the person is with his or her regular partner or spouse.
Pain During Sexual Intercourse
- This problem can occurs both in men as well as in women.
- The persons with this problem complaints of genital pain that is real, distressing and makes the intercourse unpleasant and/or impossible.
Pain due to vaginal spasm
- Women with this problem complains of sudden violent spasm of the wall of vagina as soon as she attempts for any sexual intercourse or act. This spasm is not in the control of the woman and is often painful and distressing. Most of the time penetration is either not possible or is painful.
- Individuals with this problem complain of pain and inability to penetrate due sudden unwanted contraction of vaginal wall.
- This can also occur during a gynecological examination.
- Exhibitionist repeatedly indulge in sexually arousing behavior that involves exposure of one’s genitals to an unsuspecting stranger.
- The person suddenly exposes himself and watches the reaction of victim which may be a surprise, disgust or fright.
- Such person also indulge in similar sexually arousing fantasies. The problem is more common in men.
- In this the person derives sexual pleasure from non-living objects that are intimately associated with human body, for example female undergarments, shoes, gloves, etc. Usually the problem starts around adolescence and tends to run a life long course.
- In this the person derives sexual pleasure by rubbing his penis against the body parts of a fully clothed non-consenting women.
- They carry on such acts in the crowded places like buses, cinema halls, etc.
- Pedophiles have intense sexual urge towards children (usually under 13 or younger). Most of the time the act is heterosexual usually by a man against a girl. Alcohol is an important contributing factor.
- Sexual Masochists
- A masochist has a recurrent preoccupation with sexual urges and fantasies involving the act of being humiliated, beaten, bound or otherwise made to suffer. This problem is found in both the sexes but is more common in men.
- Sexual Sadism
- This involves recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasists or behavior involving acts in which the psychological or physical suffering of victim is sexually exciting to the person. Some sadist-rapist even kill there victim for sexual gratification (lust-murder).
- Such persons derive sexual pleasure by observing an unsuspecting person who is naked or in the process of disrobing or engaging in sexual activity.
- People with this problem are convinced that they are of the gender opposite to that indicated by their external genitalia.
- Person expresses extreme distress about the assigned sex.
- They frequently request for surgical or medical correction.