FRIGIDITY – MANAGEMENT
- First step is to look out for any medical illness. Consult your family physician and feel free to discuss your sexual problems.
- Stop taking alcohol. Alcohol increases the sexual desire initially, but in the long term it affects the sexual life adversely.
- Some women may have unrealistic expectations and they often complain of decreased sexual desire despite having perfectly normal sexual life.
- One should be aware of the fact that some degree of decline in sexual desire with increasing age is normal.
- Once the medical condition is excluded it is always advisable to look back into the other factors that affect the sexual desire such as stress.
- Improve communication with your partner. Spend some more time with your spouse and try to express your sexual and non sexual problems openly.
- If the problem persists, then psycho- counseling, behavioral and interpersonal therapy can be very helpful.