- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Sit with the legs outstretched and the feet apart (about 6 inches).
- Bring the hands near the buttocks fingers pointing backwards.
- Slightly lean backwards shifting the body weight on to the arms.
- Keep the back and neck erect.
- Focus your awareness on the feet.
- Move both feet slowly forwards and backwards, bending them at the ankle joints.
- Try to stretch the feet forward to touch the floor, and then pull them up towards the knees.
- Hold each position (forward and backward) for a few seconds.
- Practise with normal breathing.
- Repeat 10 times.
- This can also be practised sitting in a chair.
- If necessary, practise with each foot separately.
- Breathe in as the feet moves backward and breathe out as they move forward.
- Practice with normal breathing too