- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Separate the legs by about a foot. Keep them straight.
Stage 1 Each foot
- Focus your awareness on the right foot.
- Slowly rotate it clockwise from the ankle ten times and then anti clockwise ten times.
- Repeat the same with the left foot.
Stage 2 Both feet separated
- Focus your awareness on both feet.
- Slowly rotate both feet from the ankles together in opposite directions.
- The big toes touch each other on the inward stroke of each foot.
- Do ten rotations each in clockwise and anti clockwise direction.
- Repeat 10 rounds.
Stage 3 Both feet placed together
- Keep both feet together and be aware of them.
- Slowly rotate both feet together in the same direction, keeping them in contact with each other.
- Practice ten times each clockwise and anti clockwise.
For all the three Stages
- Keep the heels in contact with the ground throughout the practice.
- Do not allow the knees to bend.
- This can also be done sitting in a chair or cot keeping the knees straight.
- Breathe in on the upward movement and breathe out on the downward movement.
- It can be practised with normal breathing too.