- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti) : Dandasana
- Bend the right knee and clasp the hands under the right thigh.
- Now straighten the right leg by pulling up the knee cap so that the right heel is off the floor.
- Keep the arms straight.
- Now bend the right leg at the knee so that the thigh comes close to the chest and the heel near the buttocks.
- Then straighten the right leg with heel off the floor.
- Practise with normal breathing.
- This is one round. Practise 10 rounds.
- Repeat the same practice ten rounds with the left leg.
- Focus your awareness on the knee joint during the practice.
- Inhale while straightening the leg and exhale while bending it.