- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Dandasana
- Bend the right leg at the knee and pull it towards the body so that the right thigh presses against the chest.
- Place the hands under the right thigh with the fingers interlocked or with the arms crossed and holding the elbows.
- Rotate the lower leg from the knee in a large circular movement.
- Do it ten times each in clockwise and anti clockwise direction.
- Repeat the same with the left leg.
- Try to straighten the leg at the top of the upward movement.
- The upper leg and the trunk should be completely still.
- Be aware of the knee joint during the practice.
- Inhale on the upward movement and exhale while coming down.