- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana or sitting in a chair
- Bend the right leg at the knee, place the right foot on the left thigh.
- Move each toe with the left hand (i.e. passive movement ) bending them forward and backward, right and left followed by clockwise and anti-clockwise rotation 5 times each.
- Then hold all the toes with the left hand, rotate and bend them forward and backward 5 to 10 rounds.
- Repeat the same practice with the left foot.
- While practising with individual toes, pull them outwards with the hand before moving them.
- If necessary, the instructor does the passive movement for the patient.