- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
Stage 1 (One elbow at a time)
- Place the finger of the right hand on the right shoulder.
- Keep the left hand on the left knee. Back straight.
- Now, rotate the right elbow in a large circle.
- Practise ten times each clockwise and anti clockwise.
- Repeat the same with the left elbow.
Stage 2 (Both elbows)
- Place the fingers of the left hand on the left shoulder and the fingers of the right hand on the right shoulder.
- Bring both the elbows in front of the chest, if feasible touching each other.
- Now, fully rotate both elbows at the same time in large circles.
- Practise slowly ten times each clockwise and anti clockwise.
- Try to touch the elbows in front of the chest on the forward movement.
- Arms also touch the ears while moving up and the trunk while coming down.
- Keep the head, trunk and spine straight and still.
- Gradually make the circles bigger.
- It can be done in cross legged position, Vajrasana, sitting on a chair, or even in Tadasana.
- Breathe in during upward movement and breathe out while coming down.