- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Tadasana
- Spread the legs apart by two feet.
- Place the hands on the waist.
- First push your hips forward.
- Rotate the waist by moving to the right, then to the back and to the left.
- Ultimately bring it back to the front where you started. This completes one round.
- Inhale during forward movement. Exhale during backward movement.
- Practise 10 rounds in clockwise and ten rounds in anti clockwise direction.
- Come back to normal standing position, put the hands by the side of the thighs and relax in Tadasana.
- Maintain good balance all through the practice.
- Stand firm on the ground.
- Try to make the circles bigger and bigger.
- You may also allow the breathing to be natural without trying to synchronize with rotation.
- Inhale on the forward movement. Exhale on the backward movement.
- It can be practised with normal breathing too.