- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Bend both the knees, draw the legs along the ground, to bring the soles of the feet to press each other and the heels touch the perineum.
- Completely relax the inner thigh muscles.
- Bend the hands backwards from the wrists as if pressing the palms against a wall with the fingers pointed towards ceiling.
- The bend the hands forwards from the wrists so that the fingers point towards the floor.
- Keep the palms open and fingers straight throughout the practice.
- Keep the elbows straight throughout the practice.
- Do not bend the knuckle joints or fingers.
- Keep the back, neck, and head straight and still.
- Inhale with backward movement. Exhale with forward movement.