- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
Jangha shakti Vikasaka 1(Thighs)
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
Stage 1 (Chair sitting)
- Stretch out the arms straight in front at the shoulder height , palms facing downwards.
- While inhaling, bend your knees gradually till your thighs come parallel to the ground.
- Hold the breath and maintain this position.
- Come up while breathing out.
- Repeat 5 times.
- The knees must be together throughout the practice.
- Heels or toes must not be raised from the ground at any time during the practice.
- If find difficult to hold the breath , you can do it with normal breathing initially for a few days.
- Keep the arms parallel to the ground all through.
- Keep the back, neck and head as erect as possible.
Stage 2 (Knee spreading)
- Spread your arms sideways at shoulder height .
- Raise your heels (both touching each other) and throw your entire weight on the toes.
- While breathing in bend the knees and spread them apart but never sit on your heels.
- Hold your breath in this position.
- Then, while exhaling begin to rise gradually.
- Repeat ten times.
- Never sit on the heels.
- Breathe normally during the practice for a few days, in case of difficulty in holding the breath.
- Develop and strengthen the thighs.
Jangha shakti Vikasaka 2(Thighs) Jumping up
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Tadasana
- While breathing in open up your arms and jump up simultaneously and come down on your toes with the feet going apart.
- While breathing out, reverse the whole process and get back to the starting position.
- Repeat ten times.
- Now , just reverse the breathing pattern and repeat the movements in the same manner.
- Palms should not touch each other while going up. They should not even touch the thighs.
- While coming down (after jumping up), the legs should not bend at the knees.
- Always come down on the toes.