- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Clench your right hand to form a fist with the thumb tucked in and take it behind the back . Now, hold the right wrist with the left hand.
- Both hands are in contact with the back.
- While breathing in deeply, bend backward as far as is feasible by keeping the hands in contact with the back.
- Maintain this posture for few moments.
- Then, while breathing out, bend forward trying to touch the knees with your head.
- Repeat this practice ten times.
I. Starting position
- Same as above except that the left hand should be formed into a fist and right hand holding the left wrist.
- Same as in stage 1
For both stages
- The hands at the back must always be in contact with the body.
- Hold the positions (forward and backward) for a moment.
Kati shakti Vikasaka 2 (Back) Forward and backward bending
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Tadasana
- Spread your legs apart as far as possible.
- Place your hands on the hips with the thumbs pointing forward and the fingers pointing backwards.
- While inhaling bend backward from the waist as far as possible. Maintain this posture for sometime.
- Then while exhaling bend forward trying to touch the head to the ground without bending the knees.
- Repeat this 10 rounds.
- Hands continue to be on the hips all through.
- Do not bend the knees any time during the practice.
- Make the movements as per your capacity.