- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Tadasana
- Now, make tight fists of your hands with the thumbs tucked in.
- Give your mouth the shape of the crow’s beak and suck in air through the mouth.
- Blow out your cheeks and hold the breath with your chin resting on the chest (sternal notch) and eyes closed.
- Keep the back straight, arms downwards and move the shoulders up and down vigorously.
- Repeat it ten times.
- Then lift the head to normal position, open the eyes and exhale gradually through the nose and relax.
- The arms should be kept rigidly stiff and straight at the side.
- The up and down movement should be as vigorous as feasible.
- In case of difficulty do it with normal breathing keeping the head straight.
- The bones, blood vessels, nerves and the muscles of the shoulders are toned up.