The symptoms of constipation are considered as common symptoms (almost present in all the patients) in Homeopathy, therefore to select a homeopathic medicine it is essential to take out some unusual or peculiar symptoms from each patient. This helps in individualizing a person. Lets see what happens when a person is constipated… common symptoms include:[/dt_sc_blockquote]
- Feeling of bloatedness and heaviness.
- Sluggish, uncomfortable and irritable.
- Cramping abdominal pain or colic (spasmodic intermittent pain).
- Difficulty in passing stools. The person has to strain hard in order to pass the stool. Sometimes a constipated child while straining might get up from his seat, skew his body, clench his jaws and even turn red in his face.
- Staining of child’s underwear with stools in otherwise normal child indicates piling up of stools in the rectum.
- If the patient develops an anal fissure (a tear in perianal region), there can be excruciating pain while passing stools.
- Nausea, vomiting, low appetite and weight loss may be present.
- A constipated child usually feels lazy. In fact, if a child is not performing up to the mark or is not growing well, constipation should be ruled out.