- There are no restrictions to a TB patient, as far as any exercise is concerned. It should be modulated by the patient himself, according to his level of physical fitness.
- Patient should restrain from taking alcohol and smoking, as they impair his physical fitness and delay recovery.
- He can undertake various deep breathing exercises and Pranayam to help him bring out the secretions from the chest.
- He must undertake regular exercise and maintain his normal activities as soon as he turns non-infectious (sputum negative).
- Both sunlight and ventilation are lethal to the TB germs and patients may benefit from a daily morning exercise schedule.