- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Tadasana
- While breathing in, slowly raise the right arm side ways up above the head until the arm touches the ear, palm facing left.
- Bend slowly on the left side; slide the left palm down as far as possible along the left leg. Exhale as you bend. Raised hand should not bend at the elbow. Knees straight. Breathe normally. Maintain for about a minute.
- While breathing in, slowly stretch up the trunk and the arm to vertical position.
- While breathing out, bring the hand down to the starting position.
- Repeat on the left side, by bending towards the right.