- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Support the back at the waist by the palms, fingers together pointing forward supporting the waist.
- Breathe out. Bend backward from the lower back (lumbar region). Head bends backwards, stretching the muscles of the neck. Breathe in while bending. Retain the position for about a minute; normal breathing.
- Return to the starting position.