- Sit back on the heels, keeping them apart and well tucked in under the buttocks.
- Keep the head, shoulders and buttocks in a straight line.
- Place your palms on the respective thighs.
- Breathe normally.It may be practised for maximum feasible duration, especially after meals for 5- minutes atleast.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Vajrasana
- Stand on the knees keeping them apart.
- Place the hands between the knees, fingers pointing inwards (i.e., towards the feet), elbow joints close to each other.
- Bend the elbows, supporting the body at the navel and place the head down on the floor.
- Stretch and straighten the legs backwards so that toes are on the ground.
- Now raise the head so that the neck is in line with the trunk. Look straight ahead.
- Breathe normally. In final position, the body is in a straight line from heels to the head. All the weight of the body should rest on the hands.
- Slowly bring the head down to the floor.
- Bend at the knees and bring the knees forward by the side of the hands.
- Sit in Vajrasana.