- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Bend the right knee vertically and place the right foot flat on the floor close to the perineum. The inner side of the right foot should touch the inner side of the outstretched left thigh.
- Stretch the right shoulder forward till the right armpit touches the perpendicular right shin. Turn the right arm around the right shin and the thigh, bend the right elbow and throw the right forearm behind the back at the level of the waist. Then move the left hand behind the back and clasp the right hand with the left at the wrist or vice versa. If unable to do so, then clasp the palms or the fingers.
- Now turn the spine to the right keeping the outstretched left leg straight.
- Breathe out and bend forward. Rest the forehead on the left knee. While in this position, keep both the shoulders parallel to the floor and breathe normally.
- Maintain this position for a minute.
- Return to Sthiti and repeat the same on the other side and relax in Sithila Dandasana*
* Sithila Dandasana
- Sit with legs stretched apart and relaxed.
- Slightly incline the trunk backward, supporting the body by placing the hands behind.
- Palms facing backwards.
- Let the head hang freely behind or rest on either of the shoulders.
- Eyes gently closed.