- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Stand erect with legs together, raise the arms, parallel to the ground.
- Raise the hands. Inhale while going up. Stretch up the body from the coccyx.
- Making the back concave, bend forward till the body comes to horizontal position. Attempt to push the bottom of the spine forward while bending. Breathe out while going down. Then inhale.
- While breathing out go down further, till the palms can rest on the ground and forehead can touch the knees. Maintain the position for about two minutes without allowing the knees to bend. Return to the starting position.
- Do not bend the knee at any stage of the practice.
- Hands can be kept on the waist also, or can be rested on the wall for proper balance.
- The leg movement should be continuous.
- Gradually increase the speed and mobility, within your limit.
- Raise the leg forward / backward as much as is possible.