- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Raise both the arms sideways at shoulder level parallel to the ground on partial inhalation.
- Turn the palms facing up and raise the arms further up vertically and stretch the trunk from the coccyx region as you inhale fully, biceps touching the ears. Again turn the palm facing forward.
- Bend the trunk from the lower back, on partial exhalation. Hands parallel to the ground over the legs.
- Exhale completely, form hooks of index fingers and hold your big toes. Bend the lower back further forward so that the trunk is stretched along the thighs and the face rests on the knee. Bend the hands at the elbow and relax the abdominal muscles.
- Maintain the position for about a minute in normal breathing.
- Return to starting position reversing the steps and the breathing.
- Relax in Sithila Dandasana*.
- Do not bend the knees.
*Sitting: Sithila Dandasana
- Sit with legs stretched apart and relaxed.
- Slightly incline the trunk backward, supporting the body by placing the hands behind.
- Palms facing backwards.
- Let the head hang freely behind or rest on either of the shoulders.
- Eyes gently closed.