- Lie down on the back with the legs, feet and knees together.
- Stretch the hands straight above the head, biceps touching the ears and the palms facing the ceiling.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Supine
- Raise the right leg keeping it straight about 45o from the ground. Keep the left leg firmly on the ground. Inhale partially.
- Place the right leg perpendicular to the ground; inhale completely.
- Bend the right leg and press the knee over the chest by holding the leg by interlocked fingers of the hand. Breathe out, bring the knee to touch the chin. Breathe normally. Maintain this position for one minute.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the left leg.