- Lie down on the back with the legs, feet and knees together.
- Stretch the hands straight above the head, biceps touching the ears and the palms facing the ceiling.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Supine
- Raise the legs together very slowly and gracefully (without bending the knees) till it forms about 45o to the ground.
- Raise the legs further to 90o position and bring the arms simultaneously placing them near the buttocks.
- Now raise the buttocks and the trunk also, taking support of the arms and the elbows, without lifting the head. Rest the elbows on the ground firmly and support the back with both the palms. Straighten the trunk with the hands till the chin is well set in the notch between the collar bones. Bring the legs parallel to the ground.
- Keep the body erect, stretching it up vertically supporting on the shoulders but relaxed. Maintain for about 2 minutes. Carefully avoid all jerks and keep the head on the ground.
- Slowly and gradually come back to the starting position.