- Sit back on the heels, keeping them apart and well tucked in under the buttocks.
- Keep the head, shoulders and buttocks in a straight line.
- Place your palms on the respective thighs.
- Breathe normally.
- It may be practised for maximum feasible duration, especially after meals for 5- minutes atleast.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Vajrasana
- Now, take the hands back, make a fist of the right palm and hold the right wrist with the left palm.
- Relax the shoulders.
- While inhaling lean backward from the waist opening up the chest.
- While exhaling slowly bend forward from the waist bringing the forehead on to the ground in front of the knees. Relax the shoulders.
- Maintain this position for a minute.
- While inhaling slowly come up to the vertical position.
- Release your hands and come back to the starting position.