Simha means a lion. This Asana symbolize Man- Lion incarnation of Visnu.
- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
l. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Sit on the floor. Stretch legs straight in front.
- Raise the seat, bend the right knee and place the right foot under the left buttock. Then bend the left knee and place the left foot under the right buttock. Keep left ankle under the right one.
- Sit on the heels with the toes pointing backwards.
- Put all the weight of body on the thighs and knees.
- Stretch the trunk forward while keeping the back erect.
- Rest the right palm on the right knee and the left palm on the left knee.
- Straighten the arms and keep them stiff. Spread the fingers and press them against the knees.
- Open the jaws wide and stretch the tongue out towards the chin as far as possible.
- Focus at the center of the eyebrows or at the tip of the nose. Remain in this pose for about 30 seconds or as per capacity, breathing through the mouth.
- Relax. Repeat the posture by placing the left foot under the right buttock and then the right foot under the left buttock.
- This posture is stated to cure foul breath and cleans the tongue. Speech becomes clearer.