Ustra means a camel.
- Kneel on the floor.
- Keep the thighs and feet together and toes pointing backwards and placed on the floor.
- Place the palms on the hips. Stretch the thighs, bend the spine back and extend the ribs.
- Exhale. Rest the right palm over the right heel and the left palm over the left heel. If possible, rest the palms on the soles of the feet.
- Press the feet with the palms, bend the head back and bend the spine towards the thighs, which should be kept at right angle to the floor.
- Contract the hips and stretch the back (Dorsal) and coccyx regions of the spine furthermore, keeping the neck stretched back.
- Stay in this posture for nearly half a minute or as per capacity with normal breathing.
- Release the posture by releasing the hands one by one and place them on the buttocks. Sit and relax.
- Beneficial for people with drooping shoulders and hunched backs.
- It tones up the spine.