Vrkshameans a tree.
- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Bend the right leg at the knee and rest the right heel at the root of the left thigh. Place the foot on the left thigh, toes pointing downwards.
- Balance on the left leg, join the palms and lift the arms straight over the head.
- Remain in this posture for a few seconds as per the capacity . Breathe deeply. Lower the arms, separate the palms, straighten the right leg and stand again in Tadasana.
- Repeat the posture, stand on the right leg resting the left heel at the root of the right thigh. Remain for the same length of time on both sides, get back to Tadasana and relax.