- Ghee-1/2 tsp
- Pine nuts (ground)- 2 tsp
- Cinnamon- 1tsp
- Maple syrup- 1 tsp
- Ginger (ground)-1/4 tsp
- Apple juice-1/4 Cup
- Preheat the oven at 400oC.
- Peel the apples and remove the central core through the scoop carefully.
- Mix the ghee, nuts, cinnamon, maple syrup, ginger together and put in the well in the centre of the apples.
- Place the apples in the baking dish with the apple juice, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, baste with apple juice and bake until soft.
Prominent taste- Sweet, Astringent Serves-2
- Sugar- 30 gms
- Butter, sweet and unsalted-60
- Egg- 1
- Vanilla extract- ½ Tbs
- White flour-1/2 Cup
- Baking soda- a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Granola-1 Cup*
- Raisins or currants to taste
- Preheat the oven at 375oF.
- Blend sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Fold ity in granola and raisins or currants.
- Press into a oiled or sprayed baking dish. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into long bars after properly cooled.
Variations- Lemon juice can be used instead of granola for the preparation of lemon bars.
Prominent taste- Sweet Makes-6 bars.