Stir-fried mushrooms with pasta / rice
- Mushroom, large portobello-1/4
- Mushroom, shiitake- 4
- Mushrooms, domestic-100 gms
- Garlic clove minced to taste
- Vegetable broth- ½ Cup
- Cornstarch for thickening
- Plain nonfat yogurt- 1 Tbs.
- Parsley finely chopped to taste
- Nutmeg, grated
- Cooked basmati rice or cooked pasta- ¼ cup
- Parsley springs for garnishing
- Cut all the mushrooms into bite-size pieces.
- In a large pan, heat the oil up to the smoking point. Add the mushrooms, garlic and onions.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are brown.
- Add all the other ingredients except rice or pasta and simmer it for one minute.
- Put this over rice/pasta and garnish it with parsley springs.
Prominent taste-Sweet, Pungent, Astringent. Serves-1.
- Chinese noodles 100 gms
- Tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch pieces-100 gms
- Mushrooms sliced -1 Tbs.
- Dark toasted sesame seeds- 1tsp
- Grated gingerroot- 1tsp
- Garlic minced according to taste
- Celery stalks
- Sweet zucchini-1/2
- Carrot-1 small size
- Leek to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Water chestnuts (optional)
- Oil- 1Tbs.
- Slice all the vegetables.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic and ginger in one tsp of oil. Afterwards add all the vegetables in it.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Add little more oil in the pan and stir-fry the mushrooms and tofu until browned on all the sides. Remove from the pan and drain well.
- Cook the noodles by following the instructions of its package. Now panfry them in a hot, lightly oiled pan until brown.
- Now toss all the ingredients together and serve.
Prominent taste- Sweet, Pungent Serves-1