NUTRITIONAL CARE IN ALOPECIA
The specific role of different nutrients in alopecia is not clear yet some nutrients deficiency can be responsible for it.
Some general guidelines for alopecia include :
- Eat food products rich in protein.
- Increase the intake of vitamins (especially B complex C and Biotin) and minerals (Zinc and Iron).
- Hair loss can also be due to some kind of food allergy. In such cases the dietary management is entirely dependent on theelimination of ‘culprit’ foods.
- Reduce the intake of refined and processed food products, animal fats and meat.
- Essential fatty acid intake should be enhanced.