- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Spread the legs about a meter apart.
- Raise the hands sideways parallel to the ground at the shoulder level while breathing in.
- Bend to the right till the right hand touches below the right knee while breathing out. Bending has to be in the same plane.
- Look at the left hand. Come back while breathing in.
- Repeat the procedure four or five times each side.