- An unusual change ( increase or decrease) in the amount of phlegm (sputum) production.
- A change in the colour or consistency of sputum / phlegm.
- Increase in the severity of breathlessness.
- Increasing severity of breathlessness associated with bluish discoloration of nails and tongue.
- Development of pain in the right upper abdomen and / or swelling of ankles / legs.
- Development of fever.
- Loss of appetite and an unaccountable change (increase / decrease) in body weight.
- Development of confusion, disorientation, morning headaches, restlessness and insomnia.