Prevention is definitely better than cure. Simple adherence to few principles can help in achieving a good bowel health.
- Never ignore nature’s call to defecate.
- Always give enough time in toilet, preferably during the same period every day.
- Modify diet to include high roughage diet. Move away from alcohol, sweetened beverages, etc.
- Drink plenty of water (1-2 litres per day).
- Try some relaxation techniques. Less stress, less constipation.
- Stay active
- Avoid practicing self medication. Some of them can even be dangerous.