- Application of cream or suppositories (bullet-shaped tablets to be inserted into the anus), soothes itching, pain and diminishes the swelling and bleeding.
- Apply cold compresses around the anal region (even ice can be helpful).
- Little rubber bands can be tied around the hemorrhoids, which might cause them to shrivel and whither away.
- Simple dietary changes such as increasing the amount of fiber and fluid in the diet is enough to prevent constipation and ease the symptoms.
- Avoid being overweight, and lose weight if you are.
- Exercise regularly.
- Sitz baths: Sit in a tub filled with warm water for 10 to 15 minutes several times a day