- Massage with turpentine oil.
- Chew 3-4 walnuts on empty stomach.
- Soak 60 grams of wheat overnight. Mix 30 grams khus-khus (poppy seeds) and 30 gramscoriander seeds in soaked wheat. Now grind them up to the paste consistency. Boil this paste in milk and concentrate it. Take it twice in a week.
- Take a clove after meals.
- Rinse your mouth with lime water early in the morning.
- Mix the equal quantities of roasted fennel and cumin seeds. Take this mixture after each meal.
- Take half cup of aloe vera juice twice daily.
- Slowly chew one or two cardamom seeds.
- Drink cumin– coriander–fennel (in equal proportions) tea after each meal.
- Use neem tooth paste.
- Apply the mixture of tea tree oil and neem oil (in equal proportions) on gums and massage slowly.
- Have a spice tea. Boil one litre of water and put 4 whole cloves and 2 tablespoons cinnamon sticks powder. Let it steep for 15-20 minutes, strain and drink it.
- Sip mint tea. Use one tablespoon whole dried leaves or two tablespoon fresh leaves. Put them in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes and drink as and when required.
- Drink aloe vera juice (half cup) or take aloe vera gel (one tablespoon with some cumin seeds) thrice daily.
- Rub some coconut oil on your scalp and soles of feet at bedtime.
- Hand lotion– mix rose water (two tablespoons) glycerine (30 drops) and sweet almond oil(one teaspoon) and use this mixture as hand lotion.
- Hair conditioner-whisk plain yogurt (one fourth cup) and egg (one) together. Massage this on hair before five minutes of shower. Rinse well with cool water.
- Hair conditioner (for dry and damaged hair)– mix the olive oil (one fourth cup) and egg yolk (of one egg) and massage into the hair. Let it like this for 20 minutes; then shampoo.
- Hair conditioner (for oily hair)– pour boiling water (two cups) over the fennel seeds (one table spoon). Cover the pan and steep for 10 minutes and strain. Add baking soda (one tablespoon). Pour this over the hair as a final rinse every day.
- Facial cleanser– In a grinder, make the dried rose petals (four tablespoon) into a powder. Addpowdered milk (four tablespoon) and store it in an airtight container. When required, mix small amount of this powder with warm water and apply it as a paste on face and rub gently in a circular motion. Rinse it.
- Face mask
- Apply beaten egg white as a facial mask and let it dry. Rinse it off with warm water after 15-30 minutes.
- Add a little oat flour to the honey, making it to the paste consistency. Rinse it off with cool water after 15-30 minutes.
- Pour half cup boiling water over the prunes (two). When the prunes are softened, mash them. Add the oats (half cup) and mashed banana (half). Mix well and allow it to cool. Add honey to get a thicker paste. Rinse it off with cool water after 30 minutes.
- Mix a little warmed honey (one to two teaspoon) with the egg yolk one and add enougholive oil to make a thick paste. Rinse it off with warm water after 15-30 minutes.
- Skin toner– Add tincture of benzoin (half teaspoon) to half cup of rosewater. The mixture will turn milky. Apply this toner twice daily. For dry skin use this toner after cleansing.
- Dark circles under eyes
- Mix 1 teaspoon tomato juice, half teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powderand gram flour (in small quantity). Apply this paste around eyes and keep it for 10 minutes. Wash it off before it becomes dry. Use it once daily.
- Tomato juice 125 ml, juice of half lemon, 5-7 mint leaves and black salt are to be mixed together. Take this mixture once daily.
- Place fresh cucumber slices on the eyes.
- For natural luster of eyes
- Wash your eyes with triphala water in the early morning after filling your mouth with fresh water.
- Mix equal quantities of triphala powder and powdered mishri. Take one teaspoon of this mixture with equal amount of honey on an empty stomach twice daily.
- Massage almond or olive oil around the eyes.
- For thick and lustrous eye lashes
- Apply castor oil in your eye lashes and eye brows twice or thrice in a week.
- For beautiful lips
- For dry and cracked lips– mix a pinch of turmeric powder in half teaspoon malai (cream) and apply it on lips.
- Apply pure mustard oil or lukewarm ghee on naval before retiring to bed.
- Apply almond oil on lips before retiring to bed.
- To prevent darkness of lips– Mix crushed rose petals and glycerine. Apply this on lips.
- For red lips– add saffron to butter (home made) and apply this to lips.
- Take one walnut kernel with 2-3 raisins daily in the morning.
- Give 1 teaspoon honey (for 3-6 years old children) in half cup of water before retiring to bed. For children above 6 years give 2 teaspoon of honey in half cup of water before retiring to bed.
Bites and stings
- Take a piece of dried coconut and set fire to it. Burn a half inch piece and collect the ash. Apply this ash instantly to the bite.
- Apply neem oil or neem paste at the affected area. To make neem paste, add some water to neem powder.
- Prepare a paste from sandalwood powder (half teaspoon) turmeric powder (half teaspoon) in sufficient water. Apply this paste at bite areas.
Bladder/ kidney stone
- Soak 50 grams kulthi seeds in a glass of water. Boil water with kulthi till it remains half and sieve it. Take it piping hot twice daily. The left out kulthi can be used for the curry (sabji) with appropriate seasonings.
- Boil 25 grams corn fibers (present between outer peels and cob) in a glass of water till remain one third. Sieve this and drink.
- Dip cotton plug in pure turpentine oil and keep this on bleeding wounds. This will immediately stop the bleeding.
- Apply aloe vera gel or aloe vera paste (with some water and turmeric powder).
- Burn a cotton plug. Allow it to cool and apply it’s cool ashes to bleeding wounds.
- Application of cool milk compress to a blister within first 24 hours alleviates the inflammation and pain.
- Peel off three to four garlic cloves. Add half teaspoon ajwain (omum) seeds in 30 ml mustard oil. Put the oil on low flames. Add garlic cloves. When garlic and ajwain (omum) seeds turn brown, put the oil off the gas and sieve it. Allow the oil to cool up to the tolerable temperature. Massage this oil on body.
- Mix 10 grams camphor in 200 ml mustard oil in a bottle. Put the bottle in sunlight till camphor dissolves completely in oil. Use this oil for aches. This remedy is contra indicated in lactating mothers.
- Apply neem leaves poultice on boils
- If the boils contain pus then add equal amount of black pepper to neem leaves. Grind both the things and apply.
- Apply henna (mehndi) paste on boils.
Breast feeding problems
The child has less appetite
- Prepare tea by boiling one teaspoon fennel seeds in a cup of water. Allow it to cool and give this to baby at the interval of 10-15 minutes.
- Mix a pinch of pippli, half teaspoon honey and half teaspoon pure ghee. Give this to baby to lick.
- Boil about half teaspoon triphala powder in a cup of water for 2- 3 minutes. Strain and take it before retiring to bed.
- Take white til (sesame) seeds everyday.
- Mix Dried ginger, black pepper and turmeric powder (4 teaspoon each) and take half teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water twice daily.
- Boil one cup of milk containing half teaspoon of turmeric powder. Take this twice daily.
- Fomentation with salt bag (take a muslin cloth, put some salt in it and tie the cloth tightly with the help of a string) can
- Tincture of calendula has to be applied to the affected area.
- Prepare the poultice of properly roasted onions and apply it to bruises.
- Use witch hazel tincture cold compresses.
- Vinegar compresses can be used for any kind of bruises. Avoid eye area.
- Mustard poultice can be used to remove blood from the bruised area.
- Coarsely grind fried coriander seeds and separate its peel and take 300 grams of it’s kernel. Usually 450 grams of coriander seeds are required for this. Add equal quantity of powdered mishri or sugar to this powder and take this 2 teaspoon daily with water (stored overnight in a copper vessel). Do not take any thing after an hour of this medication.
- Make paste of raw onions and mix this to adequate amount of curd. Take this curd for some days.
- Soak 10 grams fennel seeds in water overnight. In morning grind this seeds with water and sieve it. Add some mishri to this and have it.
- Chew 4-5 tulsi (holy basil) leaves on an empty stomach twice daily.
- Mix finely crushed basil leaves (10) in a glass of water and take twice daily.
- Dip towel in cold water and place below naval for 15-20 minutes.
- Apply glycerine on affected areas.
- Mix the equal amounts of coconut oil and lime water and apply this solution at affected areas.
- Immediately apply something cold like ice or cold water on the burns.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric powder in equal amounts in aloe vera gel. Use one teaspoon aloe vera gel for quarter teaspoon of both the powders. Mix the things together and apply the paste externally.