When one should seek treatment ?

One should seek help if 

  • If the problem is causing marked distress to self and others.
  • When there is impairment in social and occupational life.
  • If one wants to leave it but is not able to do so
  • When directed by court of law.

Whom to Visit ?

A qualified Psychiatrist is the best person to deal with such problems.

Frotteurism In this the person derives sexual pleasure by rubbing his penis against the body parts of a fully clothed, non-consenting women. They carry on such acts in the crowded places like buses, cinema halls, etc.


Pedophiles have intense sexual urge towards children (usually under 13 or younger). Most of the time the act is heterosexual usually by a man against a girl. Alcohol is an important contributing factor.

Sexual Masochists

A masochist has a recurrent preoccupation with sexual urges and fantasies involving the act of being humiliated, beaten, bound, or otherwise made to suffer. This problem is found in both the sexes but is more common in men.

Sexual Sadism

This involves recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies or behavior involving acts in which the psychological or physical suffering of a victim is sexually exciting to the person. Some sadist-rapist even kill there victim for sexual gratification (lust-murders).


Such persons derive sexual pleasure by observing an unsuspecting person who is naked or in the process of disrobing or engaging in sexual activity