- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Bend both the knees, draw the legs along the ground, to bring the soles of the feet to press each other and the heels touch the perineum.
- Completely relax the inner thigh muscles.
Stage 1 (Holding the feet with the hands)
- Hold the feet with the fingers.
- Now gently bounce the knees up and down.
- Try to touch the knees to the ground on the downward stroke with normal breathing.
- Practise 30 to 50 up and down movements.
Stage 2 (Hands on the knees)
- Place the hands on the knees.
- Using the palms, gently push the knees down towards the ground, allowing them to spring up again.
- Normal breathing.
- Repeat 20 to 30 times.
- Straighten the legs and relax.
- Do not force the movements.
- Try to keep the back, neck and head straight.
- Also keep the trunk steady during the practice.