- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti):Dandasana
- Bend the right leg and place the right foot as far up on the left thigh as possible with right heel touching the groin.
- Place the right hand on the top of the right knee.
- Stabilize the position of the right foot throughout the practice with the help of the left hand.
- Gently move the right knee up towards the chest and then gently push it down and try to touch the ground with the knee.
- Repeat this up and down movement of the right knee 10 times.
- Inhale while the knee goes up and exhale while the knee comes down.
- Repeat the same with the left leg.
- Keep the legs muscles as relaxed as possible.
- The legs muscles should be passive, the movement being achieved by the use of the arm only.
- Do not force this movement.
- The trunk should not move.
Inhale on the upward movement and exhale while coming down.