- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
- Hold both arms straight in front of the body at shoulder level, with the hands open and palms down.
- Stretch the fingers as wide apart as possible.
- Now close the fingers to form tight fists with the thumbs inside.
- Wrap your fingers slowly around thumb.
- Again open the hands and stretch the fingers.
- Repeat ten times.
- It can be practised even in vajrasana, cross legged sitting position, sitting on a chair or in tadasana.
- Inhale on opening the hands. Exhale on closing them.