- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana
Stage 1 (One wrist at a time)
- Extend the right arm forward at shoulder level.
- Form fist with the right hand with the thumb inside.
- The left hand can be used as a support if required.
- Slowly rotate the fist about the wrist.
- Practice ten times each clockwise and anti clockwise.
- Repeat the same with the left hand.
Stage 2 (Both wrist together and in same direction)
- Extend both arms in front of the body with the fists clenched.
- Rotate both the fists together in the same direction.
- Practise ten times each clockwise and anti clockwise.
Stage 3 (Both fists together but in opposite direction)
- Extend both the arms in front of the body at shoulder level.
- Clench the fists.
- Rotate the fists together in opposite directions.
- Practise ten times in each direction.
- The arms and the elbows should remain perfectly straight and still.
- Make a large circle as is feasible.
- Make sure that the palms face downwards throughout the rotation.
- It can be practised while sitting on a chair or even in Tadasana.