Side bending (Trikonasana Bending)
- Stand erect with feet close together, knees together.
- Hands along the thighs with fingers stretched out.
- The legs, trunk and the head aligned in a straight line.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Tadasana
- Spread the legs one meter apart.
- Raises the hands sideways parallel to the ground at shoulder level while breathing in.
- Bend to the right till the right hand touches the right knee while breathing out. Bend in the same plane.
- Look at the left palm facing forwards. Come up with breathing in.
- Repeat four or five times.