- Sit back on the heels, keeping them apart and well tucked in under the buttocks.
- Keep the head, shoulders and buttocks in a straight line.
- Place your palms on the respective thighs.
- Breathe normally.
- It may be practised for maximum feasible duration, especially after meals for 5- minutes atleast.
l. Starting position (Sthiti): Vajrasana
- Lift the knees and the thighs a little off the floor; recline back on the floor; breathe deeply.
- Stretch the neck back so that the crown of the head rests on the floor; arch the chest and the trunk up.
- Place the hands on thighs and ensure that thighs are now touching the ground.
- Keep your eyes closed.
- Breathing is kept slow, deep and calm.