- Sit with both legs stretched, heels together.
- Place the palms on the floor by the side of the buttocks.
- Make the spine, neck and head erect.
- Close the eyes.
I. Starting position (Sthiti): Dandasana.
- Bend the right leg at the knee and place the right foot (the arch of the foot) by the side of the left knee (the extended leg)
- Straighten and twist the waist towards the right side and take the left hand round the right knee and hold right big toe. Take the right hand behind, keep the palm on the ground in such a way that the trunk is kept erect, with a proper twist. Breathe normally. Maintain this position for a minute, thereafter return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same on the other side.